Search
Wednesday, August 20, 2014 ..:: Home ::.. Register  Login
   Calendar

Search

Blogroll

Disclosure
All blog entries are the opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of their employer. All the code presented is for explanation and demonstration purposes only. Any damages incurred to your site and/or data are not the responsibility of the author. Every effort is taken to ensure the code properly compiles, however sometimes there are some hiccups and you might be required to do your own debugging.

TechTidBits (Blog)
Author: Created: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 11:25 PM RssIcon
Providing technical information from a slight slanted standpoint.
By Peter Henry on Wednesday, May 18, 2011 9:05 PM

Do you have a WP7 app that talks to a server?  Are you trying to figure out a unique way to identify your users?  Well, besides asking them I mean (which may NOT be so unique)?image  I think I can help you out.

By Peter Henry on Tuesday, May 17, 2011 9:10 PM

imageThe DevTeach keynote speakers list was released today and I have to say, WOW!  Talk about a Huge Power Play Lineup!

By Peter Henry on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 10:42 PM

I’m trying to learn MVC (ASP.net MVC 3 to be exact) and I already have a database ready to go, but where oh where are you Entity Data Model template in Visual Studio?

By Peter Henry on Monday, April 25, 2011 7:39 PM

Ottawa IT Camp presenter’s materials are now available in two places!  Come and get’em!

By Peter Henry on Saturday, April 23, 2011 7:48 PM

image

Last week I did a presentation on DataBinding at the Ottawa IT Camp 2011.  Here’s a HIGH level discussion.

By Peter Henry on Tuesday, April 19, 2011 9:13 PM

imageCan I enter a subject here?

By Peter Henry on Monday, April 18, 2011 10:03 PM

Ottawa IT CampCheck out what greeted me when I opened up the Zune tonight!

By Peter Henry on Sunday, April 17, 2011 3:09 PM

Ottawa IT CampYesterday I was lucky enough to present at the Ottawa IT Camp 2011, here is what people had to say!

By Peter Henry on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 11:21 PM

Ottawa IT CampTonight, I was done working on my Ottawa IT Camp presentation for this weekend, and I was juuuuust about to bail for some sleep (first time before 2am in a week!) I figured I would check juuuuuuust one more time on the status of my app certification.  YIIPPPPEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!  Check out why I'm so happy, and why I think you should be too!

By Peter Henry on Sunday, April 10, 2011 12:34 AM

Ottawa IT CampI've been working on this for about a week and I finally got it submitted tonight!  What is it you ask?  I'm SOOOOO glad you asked!

By Peter Henry on Saturday, April 02, 2011 7:54 PM

Microsoft tag for Ottawa IT Camp 2011Have you ever given a presentation and been asked for your slide deck?  Blog?  Website?  Code? Or do you have a slide with all that information plastered all over it, only to see people still not copying it down on paper?  No pen you say?  Or, they're asking you.....you get the idea right?  There HAS to be a better way?  There is!

By Peter Henry on Friday, April 01, 2011 3:04 PM

A VERY special cakeI had a VERY special surprise on my birthday!  My little ones had a GREAT idea for a birthday cake for their papa!  Check it out!

By Peter Henry on Thursday, March 31, 2011 2:39 PM

Do not disconnectLast week, Microsoft released the WP7 NoDo update.  Except, that "release" was to the carriers and not to us, the everday Joe, customer, developer, user, person paying the bills!  Until this week that is!

By Peter Henry on Tuesday, March 29, 2011 10:41 PM

Ottawa Code CampOttawa IT Day 2011 (aka Ottawa Code Camp) registration is now open!

By Peter Henry on Tuesday, March 29, 2011 9:40 PM

AntispamI make EVERY effort to read and comment on EVERY comment I get.  Well, one person in the last week has been trying my patience.  Read on for details.

By Peter Henry on Thursday, March 24, 2011 9:18 PM

Where's my phone updateSo!  You've heard about the March WP7 NoDo update, buuuuuuut you're not seeing anything in Zune?  I hope I can shed some light on what's going on.

By Peter Henry on Monday, March 21, 2011 8:14 PM

Context Menu Popup from Code Demo 7Are you getting into the WP7?  Have you tried using a Listbox?  What about a Context Menu?  If are confused, check this out, I go from nothing to loading listbox with XML data file, formatted with an image and removing items via a popup Context Menu too!

By Peter Henry on Friday, March 18, 2011 8:09 PM

Ottawa Code CampOttawa Code Camp....uh, sorry...Ottawa IT Day 2011 is coming!  Read on for more details!

By Peter Henry on Friday, March 11, 2011 3:48 PM

VS2010Are you helping someone out with a WP7 problem?  Or maybe you're brain storming on something you're working on together?  But your partner is using WP7 Express and you're using VS2010, how can you stop loading Express?  I may have a solution for you!

By Peter Henry on Friday, March 04, 2011 10:06 PM

Visual Studio Tips'n'TricksWhat's the fastest way to switch between UI designers and code in VS?